Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz diff: progress dots Vs list of modified fil

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz diff: progress dots Vs list of modified files.
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:47:43 +0200

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 15:27:47 +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:
> > --quiet does sound useless.
>
> Actually, the doc says:
>
>   -q, --quiet            Suppress progress information
>
> So, removing the diff from the output in "baz diff -q" sounds more
> like a bug than a feature. I guess no one is using it so it doesn't
> matter if we change that.

It actually used to produce the diffs until a few months ago.

I had a tool that relied on that (or rather on the fact that diff
returned output if and only if there were changes (whic was then mailed
implicitely by cron)). I was quite angry when that stopped working.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>