[Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz diff: progress dots Vs list of modified files.

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz diff: progress dots Vs list of modified files.
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:27:47 +0200

[ Note: I've committed my changes by mistake. It doesn't mean I've
  frozen my opinion ... sorry ]

Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:

> Matthieu Moy wrote:
>>

>> How about adding a "--just-diff" option to do that? (we currently have
>> a --quiet option that kills *all* output - then only the exit status
>> is relevant - which I find quiet useless. How about changing the
>> meaning of --quiet to display the diff and only the diff?)
>
> --quiet does sound useless.

Actually, the doc says:

  -q, --quiet            Suppress progress information

So, removing the diff from the output in "baz diff -q" sounds more
like a bug than a feature. I guess no one is using it so it doesn't
matter if we change that.

At least one other person in the world also think that:

  https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/bugs/1430

> What about making the change indicators
> only appear if you specify --verbose?

I don't understand what --verbose does currently (I didn't identify a
case where the output is different with and without). I'd rather put
the changes indicator by default, but that's not strong opinion.

--
Matthieu