Re: [Gnu-arch-users] baz diff: progress dots Vs list of modified files.

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] baz diff: progress dots Vs list of modified files.
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:16:35 -0400

Paul LeoNerd Evans wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:40:11 +0200
> Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>In address@hidden/bazaar--devo--1.5--patch-10, I restore
>>the old behavior. Since I'm reverting an intentional change, I'd like
>>some more opinion before merging this in the main archive (James, in
>>particular, what do you think about it?).
>

> I, for one, happen to like the "tla" style, where a brief summary of the
> filenames involved are printed at the top. I often run something of the
> equivalent of
>
>   baz status | view "+setf diff" -
>
> so it's nice to have that summary at the top.

I see two side to this:
the summary *is* nice when you're used to it.  I use Fai, so it's nicely
colourized, too.

But when you're not used to it, you think: "oh hell, how do I get real
diffs that will work with patch?".  I actually wrote a script that got a
tree and did a diff because I didn't know any other way.

So it's a bit unfriendly for newbies.  And kinda redundant with status.
 So I can tolerate its loss.

Aaron