[Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz diff: progress dots Vs list of modified files.

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz diff: progress dots Vs list of modified files.
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:59:49 +0200

Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:

> But when you're not used to it, you think: "oh hell, how do I get real
> diffs that will work with patch?".  I actually wrote a script that got a
> tree and did a diff because I didn't know any other way.

How about adding a "--just-diff" option to do that? (we currently have
a --quiet option that kills *all* output - then only the exit status
is relevant - which I find quiet useless. How about changing the
meaning of --quiet to display the diff and only the diff?)

Another point I don't like with the new system is that it doesn't
mention diff for binary files at all.

--
Matthieu