Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Possible source of my problems

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Possible source of my problems
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:49:42 -0500

This happened to me once when I attempting to do automated testing on
cscvs. I deleted and recreated my archive between runs -- but forgot to
clear out the old revision library entries! Consequently, the new run
compared the IDs it generated against the previous run's IDs, found that
they had changed, and marked every file as deleted and re-added...
exactly like you're seeing.

As Aaron says, changing history (even deleting archives and making new
ones under the same name) is Bad News in Arch unless you know what
you're doing and don't make mistakes.