Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Possible source of my problems

From: David Snopek
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Possible source of my problems
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:14:23 -0500 (CDT)

Aaron Bentley said:
> I suspect you've been trying to change history.  That's strongly not
> recommended with Arch.  Even experienced users screw that up.  There are
> just too many places that Arch can store the previous timeline, not to
> mention the fact that in many cases, others may have copies of your old
> Arch data.  Yes, I've tried changing history, and it's gone badly.

Thank you for your help, that worked.  But for the record, I have never
done anything outside the scope of the tutorial until the archives started
becoming corrupted.  Only once has my tinkering actually paid off.  All
the other times (five in total!) I had to delete everything and start the
archive from scratch.  I have no idea where tla was finding the code in
the "pristine cache" because as far as I know, it doesn't exist anymore.
Hopefully, my archives will remain clean indefinitely now.

Thank you.
  -- David Snopek

Satellite Computing Solutions, LLC