Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Possible source of my problems

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Possible source of my problems
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:00:38 -0400

David Snopek wrote:

Ok, I did some more tests and found something really, really weird.  I
wanted to see if I could patch a freshly 'gotten' tree inorder to commit.
[snip]
I looked at what it put in xmldoom.test and it isn't the right code!! This is at least several weeks old. I'm thinking that this 'pristine
cache' is out of date.  So where is it and how can I clean it?

I suspect you've been trying to change history. That's strongly not recommended with Arch. Even experienced users screw that up. There are just too many places that Arch can store the previous timeline, not to mention the fact that in many cases, others may have copies of your old Arch data. Yes, I've tried changing history, and it's gone badly.

Your pristine "cache" is actually the pristine trees of other working directories you may have. You can find all your pristines like this:
$ cd ~/
$ find -name ++pristine-trees

It's safe to delete pristines, so I'd recommend deleting all of them, just to be safe. tla will reconstruct them when they're needed.

Aaron