Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupted binary files

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupted binary files
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 15:00:38 +0200

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:53:54AM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     David> Are you sure the cvs-keyword configuration for that file is
>     David> correct?
>
> How do I tell/verify what the config is for a given file?

You should be able to get that info from "cvs log" somehow. I am no CVS
user, I just know enough of it to be able to use "cscvs totla".

>     David> When adding the "-kb" (disable the damn expansion) option
>     David> to the "cvs update" command in cscvs, things work right.
>
> Hmmm... That works... Not sure if this is good or bad...

Actually, I'm wondering wether cscvs should not use -kb all the time.
The CVS keyword substitution is just trouble.

> I thought everyone knew these days the importance of using -kb for
> binary files in CVS :-(.

See Andrew Suffield post about upstream being stupid...

--
                                                            -- ddaa