Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupted binary files

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupted binary files
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:08:03 +0200

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:10:15PM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     Charles> On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 20:32, Brian May wrote:
>     >> These binary files were imported using cscvs (not sure if that
>     >> makes any difference...).
>
>     Charles> It very well might. See if cvs -q update -p -r${REVISION}
>     Charles> ${FILENAME} > ${FILENAME} gives correct or incorrect
>     Charles> output.
>
> Interesting... Same corrupted output.
>
> However, the file in the checked-out CVS tree is correct.
>
> Could it be that the -p parameter is doing something weird?
>
> Does cscvs use the -p parameter?

Are you sure the cvs-keyword configuration for that file is correct?

I have a similar problem with the texmacs cvs. The maintainer is just
too lazy and ignorant to correctly set the thing up so binary files have
keyword expansion enabled.

For some reason, that does not cause any problem with "cvs co" or "cvs
update", but it breaks with the command used by cscvs.

When adding the "-kb" (disable the damn expansion) option to the "cvs
update" command in cscvs, things work right.

--
                                                            -- ddaa