[Gnu-arch-users] Re: grokking arch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: grokking arch
Date: 25 Mar 2004 18:12:16 -0500

> I can understand that... recently in a major API change in Pika I did
> a global s/cports/ports/ and unfortunately a few files had cports in
> the tagline and with all the modified files I missed the D and A lines
> in tla changes.  However, the next patch I changed them back which

I wish there was some clever way to handle such situations better.
Obviously this is non-trivial ;-)

But maybe just something like the following: can't commit a patch that
replaces a file with a new one (unless you pas some extra "I know what I'm
doing" option).  I.e. no simulatneous A and D on the same filename in the
same commit.

Similarly if I do `tla file-diffs FOO' and FOO seems to be a new file but
there is also a file FOO in the base revision, give me the diff between
those two files (which have different IDs but same filename).

        Stefan