[Gnu-arch-users] Re: grokking arch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: grokking arch
Date: 25 Mar 2004 11:11:08 +0900

Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden> writes:
> Another comment, on slide 11, you give an example of an arch-tag line
> using an UUID.  If there was more room (which I get the impression
> there's not, but *shrug*) I might have also added an example along the
> lines used inside tla.

You can lookup past flame-wars on this list for details, but UUIDs are
basically `safer' for several reasons, and embody the essential spirit
of taglines a bit more purely (they are meaningless strings, which need
only be unique).

[Along those lines, an example using which is equally random, but
different in format, e.g.:

  # arch-tag: yoMomma^^^^&*&())))address@hidden

might reinforce the point.]

I think Tom uses what he does because that's what his emacs frob
happens to generate and he doesn't care enough to change it.

-Miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo