Re: [Gnu-arch-users] subversion vs. cvs (vs. arch) over on pgsql-hackers

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] subversion vs. cvs (vs. arch) over on pgsql-hackers
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:57:35 -0500

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 01:37:31PM -0800, Dustin Sallings wrote:
>       Personally, I don't understand the strong attraction to svn.

 * It's familiar but also new-n-improved (whiter, brighter, softer).  People
   get scared if presented with too much change.  They like `upgrading' (even
   if only in name), not switching.

 * The somewhat-stodgy-vaguely-corporate-feeling (I've no idea what the
   actual organization is) development process gives people warm fuzzies that
   it's `safe.'  It's like CVS, but all grown up!

 * So does the apparent connection with the old CVS hackers (who're now
   respectable citizens).

Ok, a bit heavy-handed, but well, you get the idea.

-Miles
--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen