Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: grokking arch

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: grokking arch
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:57:11 -0600

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 17:49, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Huh?  What does it have to do with the problem at hand?
> Whether taglines use UUIDs or marshmallows doesn't make any difference to
> the fact that they may be mistakenly modified or even removed[...]

I suppose. The only time it's happened to me was on a set of files not
using UUIDs, and I'm frankly suprised that patterns you'd use
(presumably to match variable names, code fragments, etc) in the course
of your work would match UUIDs often enough for this to come up.

That said, if it comes up in practice for people who aren't me who use
UUIDs, I suppose it could be a genuine issue. Something tree-lint could
warn on, maybe, if you have a good detection algorithm?