Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla changes --diffs -> PANIC: I/O error after

From: Roger Flores
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla changes --diffs -> PANIC: I/O error after botched commit?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:11:54 -0800

Johannes Berg wrote:
> Can you send me the created revision tar?

I looked at the tar and it seemed wrong but I'm not sure of the format. I was expecting a text only patch like thing (after unzip and tar of course) and that's not what it is. I will email it directly.

Assuming that the patch-1.patches.tar.gz is wrong, how do I create it correctly? By a some commands by hand? By a tla command?

> In either case, you shouldn't use my tla at the moment, its known to not
> work.

This wasn't known I think when I downloaded my copy but I did read it when I went looking to see if others had the same problem. But I can't tell why you say that, which also means I can't tell how serious the issue is, which also means I can't guess at how long it will remain a problem. :)

>> tla --version, but in this case thats probably not going to give good
> output (I think its messed up with my branch).

Interesting. "tla help | grep version" does not list the command. Trying it out, it does not mention that it's a Windows build or that you want bug reports.

Finally, why isn't there a command to report the information that is needed to simplify email exchanges?

-Roger Flores