[Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla changes --diffs -> PANIC: I/O error after bot

From: Roger Flores
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla changes --diffs -> PANIC: I/O error after botched commit?
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:06:23 -0800

I'm having trouble with tla. I'm using Johannes Berg's native Win32 version from around February on Win XP. How do you get tla to print it's version and environment to paste into emails?

Anyways, I did a commit to make patch-1. The commit seemed to go through but got a botched invariant in commit.c at some point. I think when trying to do the pristine tree stuff. My shell lost the error message.

Now I can see the revision but doing a diff fails:

C:\ps\alo\doc\web>tla revisions --summary
base-0
    initial import
patch-1
    Support the tutorial examples.

C:\ps\alo\doc\web>tla changes --diffs
* looking for address@hidden/alo--mainline--0.1--patch-1 to compare with * build pristine tree for address@hidden/alo--mainline--0.1--patch-1 * from import revision: address@hidden/alo--mainline--0.1--base-0 * patching for revision: address@hidden/alo--mainline--0.1--patch-1 unable to rename "alo--mainline--0.1--patch-1.patches" to "../,,next-patch.1080104924.2496.5" (The system cannot find the file specified.)
PANIC: I/O error

I see this and I'm wondering if this is what the error is looking for? How do I know if the patch is correct? Is there some command to apply all patches to the base and compare the result?
C:\archives\main\alo\alo--mainline\alo--mainline--0.1\patch-1>ls -l
total 4
  0 Mar 23 18:35 ++revision-lock
453 Mar 23 18:35 alo--mainline--0.1--patch-1.patches.tar.gz
195 Mar 23 18:35 checksum
656 Mar 23 18:35 log

How do I recover from this? I'd like to get to the point where I know my archive is fine (Is there a way to know?) and I can do commits and diffs again.

Is there a good way to submit bug reports? I wish there was a command that would dump tla version, host, recent commands, errors reported and so on to ease this process. Basically I'm new and have no skill on what information to provide. I must imagine that a simple command should be able to do a better job than most new people!

-Roger Flores