Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla changes --diffs -> PANIC: I/O error after

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla changes --diffs -> PANIC: I/O error after botched commit?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:07:32 +0100

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 05:06, Roger Flores wrote:
> I'm having trouble with tla.  I'm using Johannes Berg's native Win32
> version from around February on Win XP.  How do you get tla to print
> it's version and environment to paste into emails?

tla --version, but in this case thats probably not going to give good
output (I think its messed up with my branch).

> Anyways, I did a commit to make patch-1.  The commit seemed to go
> through but got a botched invariant in commit.c at some point. I think
> when trying to do the pristine tree stuff.  My shell lost the error message.

Can you send me the created revision tar?

I suspect there's either something wrong with the tar (empty comes to
mind, I've had that around that time), or with the extraction (empty
because of path name issues), or the rename is really going wrong
because of some issues with long pathnames.

In either case, you shouldn't use my tla at the moment, its known to not
work.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/