Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:20:05 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>

    > There are several approaches to Windows compatibility at the moment:

    > - Lode Leroy's cygwin,
    > - Johannes Berg's native Win32,
    > - Compiling on Windows Services for Unix.

    > It's a question of what aproach is optimal.

Is it?  It seems to me that they involve different and unordered
trade-offs.   ("It seems to me" doesn't count for much at all in this
context since it isn't much of an exaggeration to say, of my knowledge
of Windows, "Didn't that evolve out of DOS?").

Won't it, especially as libtla comes on line, make sense to support
all three if that's practical?

The question from my perspective, is really the impact on the code of
any particular approach.   If it's clean and isolated or clean and
minor -- then sure, let's add it.