[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: 02 Mar 2004 18:18:40 -0500

> NTFS doesn't have the long path problems, right?   I think it would be
> nice (if it isn't impractical, anyway) to continue to provide NTFS
> support that doesn't rely on SFU -- though, sure, that could be
> integrated with path compression for other file systems.   Sounds good
> and might also eventually help to port _other_ hackerlab-based
> software to Windows environments (our own little APR-type-thingie).

Unrelated: why does tla use

    emacs/emacs--cvs-trunk/emacs--cvs-trunk--0

rather than

    emacs/cvs-trunk-/0-

where the terminal `-' is just there for the case where the branch or
version is the empty string (some other trick could be used, obviously,
e.g. not add anything but replace the empty string with `=').

Also why is it

    {arch}/emacs/emacs--cvs-trunk/emacs--cvs-trunk--0/address@hidden/

rather than the more "intuitive" (to me anyway)

    {arch}/address@hidden/emacs/emacs--cvs-trunk/emacs--cvs-trunk--0/

Inquiring minds...

        Stefan