Re: How to instruct Nokia mobile phone through an IC??

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: How to instruct Nokia mobile phone through an IC??
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:36:58 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 04:51:22PM +0000, Cheung Eric wrote:
> In fact i want to try to write a program in assmebly to control the serial
> port to communicate with the nokia6110. I have the frame format of 6110
> downloaded from gnokii.org. But i don't know how can i send the frame, such
> as to press a key, to control the phone.

Look into nk6100.c, this file contains the 6110 specific code. You can read
Docs/gnokii-hackers-howto too. It isn't up-to-date, but it can be a good
start to understand the whole architecture. Look into the source, the whole
architecture is simpler than you think (just spend some hour on it).

> Is it necessary to do handshaking with the phone?

What kind of handshaking do you mean? If you ask have you process the info
sent by the phone, the answer is yes. If you won't send an ack the
phone will retransmit the reply.

> Is the speed 115200 with FBUS? Sould I send the frame byte by byte?

Yes, FBUS is 115200 only. If you can't handle this speed you have to use
M2BUS (I think datacalls won't be possible over M2BUS, it's too slow for
this). 6110 can handle the normal FBUS commands over the M2BUS.

> Sould I send the frame byte by byte?

Yes, but don't leave too long gaps between bytes (maybe the phone will
drop the frame).

Bye,
Bozo