Re: [Gnash-dev] Large-scale Makefile.am cleanup

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Large-scale Makefile.am cleanup
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:15:15 +0200

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 04:21:34AM -0400, Andrew Guertin wrote:
> On 04/19/2011 09:50 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> >I've pushed the changes made so far, after rebasing to master.
>
> I had not yet run this through buildbot. The make check failures I knew
> about, but had not dealt with yet because I was getting failures even
> without my changes, which makes it a little more time consuming. At least
> now I have confirmation on what's my fault ;)

Which one? The RTMPy isn't your fault. At least I'm not getting that failure
over here... Should be time-related.

> Also, since I wasn't finished with a first pass of cleanup through all
> directories, this creates inconsistent style.
>
> I'd support reverting for now to fix the testsuite, and then waiting until
> I've finished before re-commiting.

I'd rather incrementally tweak what we have, unless it reveals to be
something very destruptive. File a bug if you really get a testsuite
failure ?

> (Minor point: for next time, I'd prefer a merge rather than a
> rebase--easier to deal with any unpushed local changes, etc.)

I take it a rebase from your side doesn't find the commits to be equal ?
But yeah, a merge would help avoiding trouble for whoever pulled
your branch. Next time.

--strk;