Re: [Gnash-dev] Large-scale Makefile.am cleanup

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Large-scale Makefile.am cleanup
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 01:42:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Andrew Guertin wrote:

Thus it's not an obvious decision for gnash. Some options are to leave libraries as they are, to remove the convenience libraries, or to condense the libraries into just one. Each has pluses and minuses.

The main benefit we derive from the convenience libraries, so far as I'm
aware, is that we can build several GUI executables that don't need to
include any duplicated binary code from the convenience libraries.

So in my view it would be best to have a single convenience library in
order to keep that benefit.

The patch so far looks fine at first glance.

Bastiaan