gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Xbox 360 failure report

From: Tommy Winther
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Xbox 360 failure report
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:37:44 +0100

Thanks, very helpful!
I tried to find the intel tool though, but I only found some windows tools on this page
http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/developer/asmo-na/eng/downloads/upnp/overview/index.htm
and I couldn't really get them to work. I didn't try for more than 5 mins though.

Anyway, I spent some more time on the code and did some basic search functionality.
So currently I'm able to browse the albums and artists as well as the songs view on the xbox.
That's 3 of the 5 main categories. Albums and artists have different branches and not all works yet,
but the basic flow: artist -> album -> songs browsing doesn't work as well as playback.

please note..
- I'm rather new to c, so the code is not pretty
- indentation is a mess on the stuff I added
- it probably also leeks memory and various other uhealthy stuff.
oh and feel free to give me pointers on where i did bad stuff :)

diff against 0.9.0 is attached as usual.

btw things to keep in mind
- if the code seg faults while the xbox is performing a search the xbox will "lose" the connection even if you restart gmediaserver.
the solution is to reboot the xbox or "disconnect" the pc through the xbox options menu and reconnect.
- sometimes the xbox refuses to play the music, eventhough it sees it. a red "access denied" sign is display next to each music track.
a reboot usually cures this as well.

Br.
Tommy