gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Xbox 360 failure report

From: falz
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Xbox 360 failure report
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:44:23 -0600

I've documented all of what Windows Media Connects reports all of
these as. Every category has a "Parent ID" declared. The root objects
(Music, Pictures, etc) this is 0. For the others, it's the "Object ID"
of its parents. Here's the full list:

COMPUTERNAME : 1 : Windows Media Connect

Music           Object ID = 1
        Album           Object ID = 7
        All Music       Object ID = 4
        Artist          Object ID = 6
        Folders         Object ID = 14
        Genre           Object ID = 5
        Playlist        Object ID = F

Pictures        Object ID = 3
        Album           Object ID = D
        All Pictures    Object ID = B
        Date Taken      Object ID = C
        Folders         Object ID = 16
        Playlist        Object ID = 11

Playlists       Object ID = 12
        All Playlists   Object ID = 13
        Folders         Object ID = 17

Video           Object ID = 2
        Actor           Object ID = A
        Album           Object ID = E
        All Video       Object ID = 8
        Folders         Object ID = 15
        Genre           Object ID = 9
        Playlist        Object ID = 10

If you are using a fixed font, this will look better. It's also in a
txt file attached. Intel's debug thing called "Intel AV Media
Controller for UPnP Technologies" shows all of this info, and is
probably easier than parsing XML files or decoding tcpdumps and such.

--falz