gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] FreeBSD Compilation woes

From: falz
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] FreeBSD Compilation woes
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:25:43 -0600

On 1/7/06, James E. Flemer <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've updated my port to GMS 0.9.0.  I've uploaded the new port tar and a
> binary package for gmediaserver-0.9.0 as well.  I've haven't done any
> extensive testing, just tested playing a ShoutCast stream with embedded
> metadata.
>
> My FreeBSD port of GMS has a few features not in the official distribution:
>   * Auto re-scanning of content (you can add/change files and
> directories on the fly and GMS notices).
>   * Auto negotiation and stripping of ShoutCast metadata (ICY).
>
> Try using my 0.9.0 package of GMS without messing with your routing
> table.  Delete any old multicast routes, and just use the '-i fxp0'
> option for GMS.  Let me know if that does not work.  I need to try to
> get the necessary changes for libupnp committed (my port of libupnp has
> a patch for the m-cast join).

I downloaded the new port, it works great. I also removed my static
route (239/8) and gmediaserver is still seen by another device on my
network, so that works as well. Furthermore, the test "client" machine
is Intel's "AV Media Controller" that comes with their debug tools.
This used to crash .8, but it doesn't crash .9, which is good.

Now to just keep up on the other thread for xbox360 related stuff..

Thanks for your work, James/Oskar!

--falz