gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] FreeBSD Compilation woes

From: James E. Flemer
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] FreeBSD Compilation woes
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:18:38 -0700

I've updated my port to GMS 0.9.0. I've uploaded the new port tar and a binary package for gmediaserver-0.9.0 as well. I've haven't done any extensive testing, just tested playing a ShoutCast stream with embedded metadata.

My FreeBSD port of GMS has a few features not in the official distribution:
* Auto re-scanning of content (you can add/change files and directories on the fly and GMS notices).
 * Auto negotiation and stripping of ShoutCast metadata (ICY).

Try using my 0.9.0 package of GMS without messing with your routing table. Delete any old multicast routes, and just use the '-i fxp0' option for GMS. Let me know if that does not work. I need to try to get the necessary changes for libupnp committed (my port of libupnp has a patch for the m-cast join).

-James