Re: [Fsfe-uk] UK Govt. OSS Policy v2

From: Graham Seaman
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] UK Govt. OSS Policy v2
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 01:03:48 +0100

graham wrote:

>So does anyone have a copy of this document they can make available? i.e. someone who is >bound only by the copyright clause in the document, and not by any personal agreement they >have made regarding its redistribution?

And lo, a man appeared to me in a pub waving said document.

But rather than discuss it here, and possibly offend anyone, I thought it might be better to discuss it somewhere not (currently) entirely open to the world. I've written a commentary on both versions on a wiki at http://open.egov.org.uk/index.php/Government_OSS_policy This is a site which I'm trying to build up content on before making it live; at the moment
it's heavily protected by apache basicauth with the cryptic username 'guest'
and password 'visitor'. I'd very much appreciate any comments on my comments, please feel
free to edit the wiki in any way you like.

Cheers
Graham
PS I'm having problems with the cache; you may find the site very slow, especially the first page load.

Graham