Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC running story on Mod Chips for games consoles case - E

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC running story on Mod Chips for games consoles case - EUCD
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 02:09:09 +0100

On 2004-07-23 00:00:12 +0100 Simon Waters <address@hidden> wrote:

The BBC is running it as "UK bans Play Station 'chipping'", Sony no
doubt want it read as that, but I assume the actual ruling is somewhat
more specific than that, as I can't believe if I've bought a Sony
Playstation I don't have the right to buy parts to alter it.

Well, the headline definitely seems inaccurate, as this isn't a new ban, but our beloved justices applying the ban. Read the full judgment for yourself at http://www.bailii.org.uk/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2004/1738.html - I think the summaries are in paragraphs 33-34, 36 and 41 onwards.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast