Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Fwd: Software patents]

From: Phil Driscoll
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Fwd: Software patents]
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:51:43 +0100

I received a letter from David Bowe, one of my MEPs, just after he lost his
seat in the recent election. Previously, in all the replies to my
correspondence, he had been towing (regurgitating!) the Arlene McCarthy line.
However, this last letter had the same kind of doublethink content as
McCarthy's latest. It was as though he thought I would have forgotten all his
previous talk of unifying the systems across the EU countries, and instead he
was all fired up about how the council of ministers went against the
Parliament's decision and that they (the council of ministers) would have a
very hard time trying to get the bill through without the Parliament's
amendments.

I would have quoted from his letter if my filing system was better :)

I don't know what to read into it, but at least they now seem to be making the
right noises for once.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll