[Fsfe-uk] BT Midband

From: Robert \(Jamie\) Munro
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] BT Midband
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:18:54 +0100

I just signed up for BT Midband (no broadband in my area), in an attempt to
reduce my £44 128k dialup service costs to the promised £10. Unfortunately,
they give you some software for Windows, rather than an actual dial up
service. It /is/ just a simple dial up service (not an always on D channel
service as some had hoped), and after much argument with the 150 operators,
I was able to get the dial up number from them.

I was unable to get the username and password - they say there isn't one.
Blank doesn't work. I am sure it is probably something like bt and
btmidband, because authentication is done by the CLID. I will have to try my
windows box at some time, and see if I can extract the information from it.

Is campaigning to change things like this on topic for this list?

Robert Munro