Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: An ignorant question?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: An ignorant question?
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 22:40:12 -0000

Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
> problem is that there are no free software plugins for video, as far
> as I know - you have to trust in the browser being able to read it

Things like plugger would probably help there, by doing the right thing.

> [...]  but I just don't see other browsers getting
> default support for SVG soon (whereas Flash is now bundled, I think?).

Fortunately not.  Flash has had one of the highest "rates of attrition"
of any browser plugin I have ever known.  On local college machines,
it is practically unusable.  YMMV.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."