Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: An ignorant question?

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: An ignorant question?
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 16:59:17 +0100

Mark Preston wrote:

FWIW I would advise learning and using the JavaScript programming language and any text editor for animations.
Please refer to
<http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/samples/>
for some possibilities for eye candy through scrpting Javascript with CSS.
Mozilla is the most standards compliant of the widely used browser, I guess.

A lot of flash is basically JavaScript
The interactive part of Flash is actually a subset called ActionScript....very similar but with less functionality.
The Flash making software automates the script for tose who click buttons.

We all know how interactive Javascript can be if we know what browser is running it.

For SVG in Mozilla itself I saw this and thought some might be interested...
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=netscape.public.mozilla.svg>

anyway. A lot of scripts are available for free download on the web and as ECMA script it has become a sort of standard. If you are running Linux (and if not why not?) then Kpresenter is an alternative to Impress. I quite like Kpresenter, and you can export your Kpresenter presentations as a series of HTML pages. Combine this with some JavaScript, tested under Mozilla, and you should be able to give some pretty nifty platform independent presentations.