Re: [fluid-dev] Re: FluidSynth 1.1.1 has no sound on Win XP

From: Felix Krause
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: FluidSynth 1.1.1 has no sound on Win XP
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:24:55 +0100

On 24.11.2010, at 19:46, yanli lei wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> I have build a binary version for you to download:
> http://www.mediafire.com/?5bpqffanahhhlqr
>
> All you need to have the latest Java runtime or SDK and pass the command:
> java -jar MidiPlayer.jar
>
> You should be able to see a help message.
>
> After which, to test the Midi file:
> java -jar MidiPlayer.jar -d "LoopBe Internal MIDI" midifile.mid
>
> [Crossed fingers]
>
> Thanks.

Okay, I started FluidSynth with

fluidsynth -a file -v soundfont.sf2

Then I started this MidiPlayer. FluidSynth got the MIDI events, I didn't see
anything not working. FluidSynth wrote the output to fluidsynth.wav (as I
mentioned earlier, I'm on a VirtualBox where DirectSound doesn't work), and
opening that file sounds just like the MIDI file I played with the MidiPlayer.
Did you already try to launch FluidSynth with the -v option to see if you're
getting MIDI input from the player? It doesn't seem like there is a general
problem with FluidSynth on XP.

Cheers,
Felix