Re: [fluid-dev] Re: FluidSynth 1.1.1 has no sound on Win XP

From: Felix Krause
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: FluidSynth 1.1.1 has no sound on Win XP
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:44:12 +0100

I'm having a similar problem here.

I compiled fluidsynth on Windows 7 and try to use it on XP. It works only if I
use the file audio driver. When I try to use dsound, fluidsynth gives me an
error and quits:

fluidsynth: error: Failed to create the DirectSound object
failed to create the audio driver

I did install the latest DirectX 9 runtime, but is it possible that when
compiling fluidsynth on Windows 7, it links against DX10 and thus doesn't work
with DX9? By the way, I need the 1.1.3 version and also libsndfile support, so
the binary from Qsynth is not an option.

Cheers,
Felix