Re: [fluid-dev] Re: cmake variables cannot be turned on/off

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: cmake variables cannot be turned on/off
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 03:08:03 +0100

On 2010-11-09 22:15, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
Maybe this is because you are using a fink package, and they only
provide a crippled CMake where cmake-gui has been amputated.

Such snide comments are destructive for harmoniously working together.

What is the truth? CMake source packages include cmake-gui. It is their
official GUI program. Fink provides an automated build for CMake packages that
excludes cmake-gui from bering built and installed. Fink users have no way to
know that this program exists at all. Maybe my words are harsh, but Fink is
being hostile against CMake.

May I kindly ask you to bring the issue of CMake's packaging issues in Fink, to the fink list instead of the fluidsynth list? It seems more likely to reach the right people.

And talking about harmony and friendship, let's see this quote from a recent
thread in fink-devel: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.macosx.fink.devel/19876