[fluid-dev] Re: cmake variables cannot be turned on/off

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: cmake variables cannot be turned on/off
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 22:15:38 +0100

> >> Maybe this is because you are using a fink package, and they only
> >> provide a crippled CMake where cmake-gui has been amputated.
>
> Such snide comments are destructive for harmoniously working together.

What is the truth? CMake source packages include cmake-gui. It is their
official GUI program. Fink provides an automated build for CMake packages that
excludes cmake-gui from bering built and installed. Fink users have no way to
know that this program exists at all. Maybe my words are harsh, but Fink is
being hostile against CMake.

And talking about harmony and friendship, let's see this quote from a recent
thread in fink-devel: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.macosx.fink.devel/19876

>On Oct 12, 2010, at 8:01 PM, Daniel Johnson wrote:
>> I tried updating audacious2-plugins to use fluidsynth1 but fluidsynth1
>> doesn't build for me on 10.6/x86_64  because freaking cmake is a moron and
>> puts the library into lib64 instead of lib. Have I mentioned that I hate
>> cmake?
[...]
>Many thanks,
>Ebrahim