fhsst-authors

RE: [Fhsst-authors] Discussion with Yochai

From: Melanie Stefan
Subject: RE: [Fhsst-authors] Discussion with Yochai
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:24:34 +0200

Hi Roger,

At 06:28 31.07.2005, Roger L. Sieloff wrote:
Hi. I'm your biological macromolecules contributor. Are you attempting to
set up a web page or something which can be printed off the internet? LaText
is nice for formatting a table of contents but there is a learning curve
involved.

First of all, it's called LaTex. Second, it is not only nice for formatting a table of contents, it's just gorgeous for _anything_, really! Third: yes, there is a learning curve involved, but it's really worth the trouble, reallyreallyreally. The time it takes to learn the basics of LaTex is about the time it takes to try to make a table of contents with Microsoft Word. And LaTex will be useful for you not only for this project, but for your whole life, no matter what you are doing. It's just a great thing. Plus, it's very well documented, and for any question you might have there is an easily accessible answer on the web.

Sorry for this emotional pleading, but it's just true :-) (Anyway, I'm just a contributor as well and not part of the people who decide which system to use. So, it's really just my personal opinion ...)

I believe you are working on the biology section. I might be useful in
contributing vertebrate taxonomy or entamology.

Cool! Really happy to have some more biology people around :-)

Kind regards,
Melanie