Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-insert-task-at-point?

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-insert-task-at-point?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:50:51 -0400

In a message dated: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:51:27 +1000
Yvonne Thomson said:

>> Now, I just need a way of tracking the date the item was created/completed
>> without linking it into the tasks of the daily pages.  But I'll try this out
>> and see how it works.
>>
>Er, why *wouldn't* you want the task on the day page?

Well, no reason other than neatness and reducing clutter.  My
original plan was to have sections on the daily page which visually
separated daily tasks from project/long term tasks.  However, it seems
I can't do that and I end up with one large list of tasks with no
visual separation.  I'd like to link these tasks to respective plan
pages when reasonable/possible, which means I won't be able to have a
page listing only daily tasks, since that would mean linking tasks to
3 pages; the plan page, the day page, the only-daily tasks page.

Hmm, another option might be a 4th level of tasks with it's own color
code.  I don't know.  Perhaps visual separation isn't all that
important.  I'll have to try a few different things and see what
works.

Thanks!
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE