Re: [emacs-bidi] visual-mode, LyX

From: Naoto Takahashi
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] visual-mode, LyX
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:58:25 +0900 (JST)

This is Takahashi, writing on behalf of Handa-san,

> The Intlfonts 1.2 distribution comes with Type1 and TrueType ISO-8859-[1-5]
> fonts (they are from Yannis Haralambous, so they must be good ;-).
> However, ISO-8859-8 is not yet part of that distribution.  You can get
> Intlfonts 1.2 from the GNU FTP site.

> I think Emacs can use these fonts right now.

> Handa-san, do you happen to know if there's a newer Intlfonts
> distribution somewhere which includes more ttf fonts?

We are going to release intlfonts 1.3 quite soon.  The quality of ttf
fonts will be improved, but no extra ttf fonts will be included.

After intlfonts 1.3, we will shift to the m17n-font project in which
we are going to provide Unicode-base fonts.  We have already made
TrueType or Type1 variable-width fonts for all MES region, as well as
fixed width fonts for normal, bold, italic, bold-italic styles.

> Also, this reminds me: wasn't Emacs 21 supposed to come with ps-type1.el?

It was supposed to, but Murphy's law stands.  (It always takes longer
than expected.)

--
TAKAHASHI Naoto
address@hidden