dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: AnandTech looks at DVD Recorders/Rewriters ...

From: temp1_snover
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: AnandTech looks at DVD Recorders/Rewriters ...
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:27:35 +0930

see below:

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:45 am, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> > The article also does a good job showing how poor the Pioneer drives
> > are at DVD+R, which should explain at least one list member's distain
> > for Pioneer.

Note, Brian is saying Pioneer drives are crap at +R

> That would probably have been me, and the issue was/is with a Pioneer
> A106 not burning 8x DVD-R media from Verbatim properly at any speed,
> whereas the 4x media from the same source was fine. The bad thing about
> it is that Pioneer doesn't bother to supply firmware fixes for devices
> 12 months old, and rather sell a new one - but they won't to me. (This
> would also hold for a number of other suppliers.)

I actually thought Brian was talking about ME. Because I have been absolutely
disgusted with results on good quality DVD+R (TDK, Verbatim) from Pioneer
dvr108 and 109 burners, and have said so on this list. So i was pleased to
hear Brian and now Anandtech agree with me.

You say you were complaining about -R ... yet u are still determined to take
Brians comment as an insult... geez, take a chill pill.

> Get your basic facts right before you post nonsense.
> Volker

ummm... perhaps, just this once, u should take some of your own advice?

cheers,
John.