dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: AnandTech looks at DVD Recorders/Rewriters ...

From: Bryan J. Smith <address@hidden>
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: AnandTech looks at DVD Recorders/Rewriters ...
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:04:12 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

From: address@hidden
> Note, Brian is saying Pioneer drives are crap at +R
> I actually thought Brian was talking about ME.

Maybe I crossed two people as one.  I've done it before.

> Because I have been absolutely disgusted with results on good
> quality DVD+R (TDK, Verbatim) from Pioneer dvr108 and 109
> burners, and have said so on this list. So i was pleased to hear
> Brian and now Anandtech agree with me.

Well, I was just re-iterating what AnandTech said.

And after reading it, I have to concur, it would seem that Pioneer
_does_ have something against Sony/Philips, or at least their
DVD+R format.  So maybe I've been a little too harsh -- putting
too much "one-sided blame" -- on Sony/Philips.

I also mentioned that AnandTech did have an issue with one -R
media brand (or was it +R media brand?) on the LG, my fav drive
series.  So I had to admit that it might not be as perfect as I
had thought.  But otherwise it looked good, at least under
AnandTech's obvious Windows test, for both -R and +R, both
performance and nominal read/verify in the cases of most media.

> You say you were complaining about -R ... yet u are still
> determined to take Brians comment as an insult... geez,
> take a chill pill.
> ummm... perhaps, just this once, u should take some of
> your own advice?

Well, I'm glad you saw it that way.
I honestly meant as an "okay, this opens my eyes a little bit."

But I can also see it another way too.
Given my past "demeanor" which hasn't always been "as clean
as it could be," I could understand why someone might take
offense.  I think I've been guilty of "jumping the gun" as
much as anyone else.

So I'm not offended by anyone in this thread.  I've learned to
be that way, because I'm sure I have offended many in my
time.  Oh well, a brown raising test in many regards.

But I'm glad that the LG's look fairly good, sans the select
media complaint AnandTech had.  $50 for the LG GSA-4163,
available in either black or beige, is quite a deal -- and it
reads all my old DVD-RAM discs (although I have break the
Type 1 cartridge versions out of their shell).

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:address@hidden