dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: AnandTech looks at DVD Recorders/Rewriters ...

From: Volker Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: AnandTech looks at DVD Recorders/Rewriters ...
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:15:17 +1200

> The article also does a good job showing how poor the Pioneer drives
> are at DVD+R, which should explain at least one list member's distain
> for Pioneer.

That would probably have been me, and the issue was/is with a Pioneer
A106 not burning 8x DVD-R media from Verbatim properly at any speed,
whereas the 4x media from the same source was fine. The bad thing about
it is that Pioneer doesn't bother to supply firmware fixes for devices
12 months old, and rather sell a new one - but they won't to me. (This
would also hold for a number of other suppliers.)

Get your basic facts right before you post nonsense.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.