dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: AnandTech looks at DVD Recorders/Rewriters -- didn

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: AnandTech looks at DVD Recorders/Rewriters -- didn't I just agree with you?
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:27:23 -0500

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 10:15 +1200, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> Get your basic facts right before you post nonsense.

First off, I'm _sorry_ you took my post as a "personal attack" of some
sort.  In actually, in this post, *I* was indeed *SAYING* ...

  "Boy do Pioneer drives _suck_ at DVD+R!"

As AnandTech really did show.  Maybe Pioneer _does_ have something
against DVD+R, that was the logical conclusion I _did_ draw!  ;->

Secondly, you need to revisit the archives -- both on-list and off-list.

Given what you originally came in and said from your believes in DVD
+R/+RW, I would say you have no where to stand when you make such a
statement.  But forgetting that for a moment, I was merely trying to
explain a possibility on why you might not like Pioneer, and it might
actually be _justified_!

Yes, I remember you talking about some media compatibility, but early
on, you weren't doing much to differentiate between DVD+R/+RW and DVD-R
at all.

But your statements _did_also_ included references that can only be
viewed as a general distain for Pioneer's support (or lackthereof) of
DVD+R/+RW.  Again, after reading this AnandTech review, I have to
*AGREE* with you!

Now if you are so "anti-me" that you can't stop and realize that I was
saying your statements _did_ have merit, well forgive me for agreeing
with you!  @-ppp

-- Bryan

P.S.  You have made a lot of claims on this list, from a standpoint of
only a few years experience, and belief in the DVD+R/+RW approach (which
is focused on computing/data, not consumer/player).  I have tried to
stop and explain several things in the past, and I really tried not to
"berate" you for merely having a lack of experience.  In return you have
argued over semantics and countless other, "I forgot to dot my i and
cross my t" issues.  I recommend you go through the archives for a
"self-refresher."

Especially given the fact that _all_ of your DVD-R/+R experience seems
to be either on Pioneer DVD-R drives, or Sony/Philips DVD+R/+RW drives
-- not a good selection IMHO.  I was hoping this was more "proof" that
those of use using LG GSA-4081, 4082, 4160, 4162 and, more recently,
4163 have been "experiencing universal bliss" -- and AnandTech has found
the performance recording DVD-R (and even DVD+R) are pretty damn good
too!  And you have admitted you have _never_ tried these drives.  ;->

--
Bryan J. Smith                                     address@hidden