Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:10:18 +0200

Am 12.10.2005 um 09:27 schrieb MJ Ray:

Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:

Yes, it's a rarther complex and heavyweight package. I even count
some 12 MB for a thinned out, self-compiled Mac OS X client, here.
This is mostly a problem svn developers have to live with, though. I
doesn't map to it's usage.

So we don't all need the full client? Why not? Is there a svn-light
for users?

Subversions commands are already split into a few distinct commands. There're "svn", "svnadmin", "svndumpfilter" and a few other tools. As a user, you need "svn" only, AFAIK. So yes, you can consider this as a "svn-light".

Other than that, I usually don't install documentation other than man pages, configure with --disable-nls etc.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/