Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 00:08:00 -0700

Helge Hess wrote:
On 14. Okt 2005, at 09:10 Uhr, MJ Ray wrote:
Integration and disk/memory consumption are real. You may have time
to upgrade and reconfigure your desktop every N minutes

I honestly do not know what you are talking about. Even my NeXTstation from 1994 has 512MB disk space, 24MB of RAM and is perfectly capable of dealing with the Svn client.
So is my ~2000 G3 iBook with a 10GB disk and 512MB RAM.

Please explain why the overhead is unbearable for you on what kind of machine. I'm honestly prepared to support any GNUstep developer who is unable to run a machine which is unable to run the Svn client.

I think we both (and everyone else) know very well that this is really, really _unreal_. Not just the fact that the argument itself is void even for the oldest machines, but also your kind of argumentation.

b) some kind of voting needs to take place:
    1) stick with CVS
    2) update to Subversion
    3) use GIT
    4) use Monotone
    5) use xyz
Alternatively, we could try and find a compromise instead of the
group which thinks they have most people trying to become a
dictatorship and overrule all others.

to MJ: Ah yes, espouse democracy when it suits you, accuse its supporters of being tyrants when it does not...gee, this seems rather familiar....

Again I fail to see your point. I suggest a democratic _voting_ (notably listing "stick swith CVS" as the number one!) and you insult people as being dictators. Whats that kind of discussion?

...you mean besides the kind he normally instigates, I'm assuming?? ;-)

Feel free to add points 6), 7) etc containing compromises to the b) list. They can be voted on and we'll see what happens. So far you have brought up _no_ suggestions to improve the situation, apparently all you can discuss is "contra" against everything.

Yes, that's what being anti-everything except free-as-in-Libre does to you. It makes one an idiot. A paranoid idiot at that, in this case.

You tell him, Helge...bitching about 5MB disk space versus 1MB, MJ, seriously, you had me laughing myself out of my fucking chair! Is that the best you can come up with?

Flamedly yours,
Alejandro Jose Perez