Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: 13 Oct 2005 10:18:37 GMT

Jeremy Tregunna <jtregunna@blurgle.ca> wrote:
[private message posted to a mailing list]

First you send me a message off-list without a cc to the list,
(but also send a copy to list, unknown to me at that time) then
you post my reply to the off-list one here. Dirty sneaky troll.

The drawbacks of SVN remain:
* non-distributed (same as CVS)
* incompatible with the git-using tools (same as CVS)
* poor library licence limits integration
* client at least fivefold more disk, probably bigger in memory too
* not supported at savannah
* reconfigure everything now, only to move again soon

..and that's all obvious before use. Once in use, other quirks
and limitations become obvious. Can't we do better?