Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:28:54 -0800 (PST)

> Really? Wow!  I've seen screenshots of YellowBox running under XP, and
> it maintains the look and feel of the XP Luna interface that the other
> apps were running in.  I wonder how they pulled that off with DSP.
> Cool though...
Yes, very cool. I must have been mistaken in my mrevious e-mail. The only
way native luna widgets would be rendered in XP is if they were using GDI
widgets or GDI to draw widgets. I have OpenStep Enterprise 4.1 on my WinXP
box and I don't remember it doing this, so I'll have to go back and double
check. It's entirely possible, however, that YellowBox for Windows was
updated to use GDI widgets. Can you give me the URL to those screenshots.
I wish I could find an old copy of YellowBox for Windows somewhere so I
could test with it.

Alex Perez
aperez@student.santarosa.edu