Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 01:35:52 +0100

On 05.12.2003, at 01:12, Alex Perez wrote:
I don't think OpenStep Enterprise or its successor Yellow Box actually
maintained a native Windows look and feel.  I think it was simulated.
OSE & YB even included Display PostScript...
Yep, it was, but it was pretty good, but only against Windows 95 (which
was then the current version of Windows)

Did you ever use it? It did work, just like X11 on Windows, but you could not seriously offer that to a regular Windows user.

It also used things like the Default Windows File Open/save dialogue
boxes. Little things like this help a lot.

Yes, using native widgets is required to get something usable.

regards,
  Helge
--
OpenGroupware.org       http://www.opengroupware.org/