Re: RE : Horizontal menus.

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: Re: RE : Horizontal menus.
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:00:06 +0200

Hi,

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 05:19, Jason Clouse wrote:
> My impression is that people are very attached to their choice of menu
> style.  NeXT fans probably won't ever want to dock their menu upstairs.
> And those who slant toward the Apple way of doing things wouldn't want
> to have to go to the trouble of docking their menus.

I agree. I think this is something which should probably go into
Preferences.app, since it's a decision that will probably be made once and
stay that way forever; personally, I wouldn't want to change menu styles
on a per-app basis.

That being said, here's my €.02: Although I'm a fan of Apple's menu bar,
what's really nice is NeXT's right-click menu, where you get the entire
menu (vertical style) with a right click on any app window. It's fast, and
you get it without moving the mouse at all. Would it be possible to have
the menu bar and keep the right-click menu?

Regards,
                --Björn
--
Dipl.-Inform. Björn Giesler, IAIM, University of Karlsruhe (TH)
See http://wwwiaim.ira.uka.de/users/giesler for information.

A society that will trade a little freedom for a little order will
lose both, and deserves neither.    --T. Jefferson
Support privacy. Mail me for my PGP/GPG public key.