Re: Arch setup (was: Re: [Demexp-dev] voting tools)

From: skaller
Subject: Re: Arch setup (was: Re: [Demexp-dev] voting tools)
Date: 24 Sep 2004 03:39:07 +1000

address@hidden /usr/local/src/tlarchs>mkdir demexp
address@hidden /usr/local/src/tlarchs>tla make-archive
address@hidden demexp
/usr/local/src/tla-1.2.1/src/tla/libarch/pfs-fs.c:87:botched invariant
    !!uri
PANIC: exiting on botched invariant
address@hidden /usr/local/src/tlarchs>

> I'll try to make a more detailed example of how to setup an Arch
> repository.

I followed the online instructions. Considering that the
regression test failed .. I'm not surprised.

A botched invariant indicates a logic error in the code.
No serious program gives that kind of error due to
faulty user input. Something went wrong in the build.

I didn't grab the latest tarball: I got 1.2.1, there were
also 1.2.2pre0, pre1, etc files with later dates -- I assumed
these were less stable pre-release versions.

Maybe I can find a Linux/x86 binary somewhere.. I'm running
Redhat so and rpm might work too.

--
John Skaller, mailto:address@hidden
voice: 061-2-9660-0850,