Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voting machines

From: skaller
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voting machines
Date: 21 Sep 2004 16:44:44 +1000

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 07:25, Brian Hurt wrote:
> On 21 Sep 2004, skaller wrote:

> I have more ability to influence it than you do- everywhere I say "US
> Elections", please read "Austrialian Elections".  Same diff.

I live in a safe Labour seat. I have no say.
Only voters in marginal seats have a say,
and they get to choose between two people
once every few years who also don't have any say.
[Party members here must follow the party line
or get expelled from their party]

That isn't democracy. I don't have any
desire to appoint an idiot to represent me, whose
primary attribute is 'popularity'. I'd rather
make decisions myself, or appoint a proxy of my choice.

I can do that with demexp project.

--
John Skaller, mailto:address@hidden
voice: 061-2-9660-0850,